In this episode, Kathy and I will dispel 7 of the most common myths about sleep apnea surgery.
- UPPP doesn’t work
- Tonsils should not be removed since they help fight infections
- UPPP causes swallowing problems
- UPPP makes CPAP impossible to use
- CPAP is always better than surgery
- Surgery should not be done for mild or no sleep apnea
- Find a surgeon that has done a high volume of procedures.
Traffic fatalities in NYC 1.17/100K
Anesthesia related deaths 0.5-0.8 / 100K
Malcolm Gladwell’s book, Outliers: The Story of Success
Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise, by Eric Ericsson