Since I stopped doing my teleseminars, I felt a bit out of touch with you. As a result, within the next few weeks, I’ll be re-launching my podcast, which will feature specific topics related to obstructive sleep apnea and upper airway resistance syndrome. My older teleseminars are already on my podcast. The ideas for future topics will come from you. This is why I recently sent out a reader survey, and the response was overwhelming. I got over 140 people who filled out the online questionnaire, when I was only expecting anywhere from 20 to 30 responses. It was truly gratifying to see how many people not only filled out the survey, but they also took the time to make some very helpful comments and suggestions. Here’s a summary of the major findings:
- Slightly more men than women (57% vs. 43%)
- Well over 90% are over age 40
- People responded from all over the United states
- 19 people from Canada, UK, Australia, Mexico, Jordan, France and Holland
- About 50% have graduate or higher level degrees
- About 1/2 read my book
- Most people liked accessing my information online, and video was #2
- About 2/3 of respondents initially found me through search engines or surfing
- The most popular future book title was tied between The Ultimate Sleep Apnea Manual and The 7-Day Sleep Apnea Solution
- 57% were using Windows, 29% on a Mac, 28% on a Mobile device using Safari, and 1% using Linus.
The range of suggested topics was so broad that I can’t print everything. However, the three most common frustration/suggestion themes were:
- Your doctors don’t listen, or they don’t take your sleep concerns seriously
- Massive frustration with CPAP
- Life and work stress issues
I’m going to cover these three topics in my upcoming podcasts, so please subscribe now in your podcast player or on iTunes. If you have any other topics that you want me to cover, please feel free to respond to this post in the space below.