In this episode, Kathy and I will talk about upper airway resistance syndrome, or UARS, as part of our “Back to the Basics” series. If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired, you must listen to this recording. In this discussion, we cover the following:
- What is UARS and how is it different from obstructive sleep apnea?
- What are the most common features of UARS and how can it be diagnosed?
- Why most doctors are unaware of UARS
- What you can do to start treating UARS and when to see your doctor
- How to prevent obstructive sleep apnea and UARS.
Original UARS paper by Dr. Christian Guilleminault
Sleep Interrupted: A physician reveals the #1 reason why so many of us are sick and tired
Robert Sapolsky’s book, “Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers”
The Sleep Breathing Paradigm (Podcast 39)
POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome)
UARS and somatic syndromes: Dr. Avram Gold article