In this podcast episode, my special guest is Dr. Felix Liao, who is a holistic dentist in Falls Church, Virginia, with a special focus on connecting the mouth with whole body health.
Dr. Liao is currently president of the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine, the editor of Biological Dentistry Journal. He is the author of the forthcoming book Six-Foot Tiger, Three-Foot Cage: Recharge Your Health by Taking Charge of Your Mouth — a must read for anyone who has breathing and sleep problems.
In this 47 minute interview, Dr. Liao will reveal:
- The link between tongue tie and malformed jaws and lack of c-spine curvature
- Difference between mandibular advancement devices and bio-mimetic functional devices
- How poor muscle use during swallowing can cause crooked teeth
- How nasal congestion can cause a long and narrow face
- How poor upper jaw development can lead to snoring
- How Buteyko breathing can complement dental options
- How to get bigger, fuller lips
- Are oral appliances covered by insurance?
- What is a holistic mouth doctor, and how can you find one?
Dr. Michael Gelb and Dr. Howard Hindin’s book, GASP!: Airway Health – The Hidden Path To Wellness