This month, I’ve invited Stanford University’s sleep surgeon, Dr. Robson Capasso to talk to us about his institution’s philosophy on sleep apnea surgery. Here’s a short list of questions that are answered on the program:
1. What’s the success rate for sleep apnea surgery?
2. Can you wait until someone is asleep to image the site of obstruction?
3. What is the progress in getting UARS recognized as a real condition? How is it diagnosed and managed at Stanford?
4. How do you decide whether to recommend surgery or an oral appliance in a CPAP intolerant patient?
5. Can you explain the different techniques for performing the MMA, and how successful these are for reversing OSA? Is it possible to achieve an AHI of zero after an MMA?
6. Do you recommend adult jaw development as an alternative to surgery?
7. Is sleep apnea surgery covered by insurance?
….and many more.
Please enter your information below to receive your free MP3 download: