Expert Interview: Dr. Christian Guilleminault on UARS
July 21, 2011
This month, I interview Dr. Christian Guilleminault of Stanford University, who is one of the pioneers in sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment. We’re going to focus on Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome (UARS), which he discovered.
Here are some of the questions we covered:
- Describe to us what UARS is and how it’s different from OSA?
- Why is the AHI limited when it comes to picking up UARS.
- How to diagnose UARS: Esophageal manometry vs. nasal cannula.
- How UARS patients have intact nervous systems, whereas sleep apnea (OSA) patients have diminished nervous systems, and what may cause progression from UARS to OSA?
- How do you treat patients with UARS? How is it different from treating sleep apnea?
- What are the dental options for UARS?
- How common is UARS in children and how can they be treated?
- And much more…
Please enter your information below to access your free MP3 download: