Expert Interview: Dr. Barry Krakow on PTSD, Insomnia, and Sleep Apnea
November 14, 2012
In this Expert Interview, I interview Dr. Barry Krakow about his work on PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), insomnia, and obstructive sleep apnea. These are the questions I asked:
- How did you get involved with mental health patients who have sleep disorders?
- How is insomnia and sleep apnea related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
- What’s the hard evidence that sleep-breathing disorders and insomnia go hand-in-hand?
- Why do you use the term, complex insomnia to describe the co-existance of insomnia and sleep apnea?
- Tell us about your paper that’s coming out in SLEEP on complex insomnia.
- What comes first, insomnia or sleep apnea?
Fill in the form below to access your free MP3 recording: