Ask Dr. Park Teleseminar on Obstructive Sleep Apnea (4/12/11)
March 23, 2011
1. Do UARS patients progress into obstructive sleep apnea?
2. Given how common sleep apnea is, why hasn’t universal screening been implemented?
3. Despite using CPAP 5 to 8 hours every night, why am I still tired?
4. What do you think about the Pillar implants for snoring and sleep apnea?
5. How do I know when I can come off my CPAP machine as my sleep apnea improves?
6. What comes first, depression or sleep apnea?
7. How do you know if your sleep apnea machine is set for you correctly for you?
8. What surgery is recommended for nasal congestion?
9. Is it possible to underdiagnose sleep apnea in a sleep study?
10. What tips do you have for us dentists regarding UARS?
11. Can nasal congestion alter other areas of the upper airway?
12. Do you do turbinate reduction with the microdebrider?
13. What is UARS?
14. How much does lack of understanding of OSA and its’ consequences play in poor compliance? Are sleep doctors to blame?
15. Where are the best doctors or medical centers to go to on the West coast for fibromyalgia and UARS?
16. Why not add a hyoid procedure to the UPPP?
17. Can white matter lesions on DTI scans be responsible for sleep apnea patients’ symptoms?
18. Can hyperbaric oxygen therapy have a role in treating complications of sleep apnea?
19. What is expiatory sleep apnea?
20. Is bi-level use becoming more common?
21. Does high altitude make sleep apnea worse?
22. Is it worth trying the oral appliance for sleep apnea?
23. Is there any connection between cervical stenosis and sleep apnea?
24. What’s an SV Unit?
Click here to order the MP3 recording ($17).
Click here to order the PDF transcript ($7).