Ask Dr. Park: Anything About Obstructive Sleep Apnea (6/14/11)
June 9, 2011
- Are there travel-sized CPAP machines available?
- What are the surgical options for sleep apnea and what are their success rates?
- What are the benefits of acupuncture for sleep apnea?
- Is it customary for surgeons to perform turbinate surgery along with septum surgery?
- Are there places to check out all the different CPAP masks and machine and read user reviews?
- If someone can’t breathe through their nose, is it dangerous to use a nasal mask and chin straps?
- How commonly is tracheotomy used to treat sleep apnea after exhausting all other options?
- Are there any new developments in sleep apnea treatment that will be available within the next 5 years?
- What can be done about bloating with CPAP use?
- Do over-the-counter boil-and-bite devices for snoring and sleep apnea work?
- Can you design a bed or a pillow to sleep with your face down to prevent your tongue from falling back? Does sleep apnea disappear for astronauts since there’s no gravity?
- And many more questions from the live audience.
Please click here to order the 60 minute MP3 recording.