In this podcast, I’ll be talking about a very controversial subject: CPAP or Surgery: Which is better? Kathy and I will cover the following:
- My honest answer to which is better: CPAP or surgery
- Controversy about surgical success
- How the Provider Effect influences specialists’ preferences
- The problem with using the AHI to define surgical success
- Why conservative surgery can sometimes be detrimental to patients
- The problem with meta-analyses
- research study vs. real-world CPAP compliances rates
- How to overcome indecision due to too many options
- How to find the right surgeon.
VA study comparing survival for CPAP vs. UPPP
Netherlands study about average AHI and CPAP usage
American Sleep Apnea Association CPAP Assistance Program
If you found this podcast helpful, please go to iTunes to rate and review this program. This way, more people can find this information to help themselves and others.